I'm currently using a Ryzen 7 9800X3D with an RTX 4070 Ti for 240Hz gaming at 1080p. I mainly play CS2 and stream to two different platforms at the same time. I'm considering upgrading to a 1080p 450Hz monitor later this year, but my current GPU can drop below 400 FPS during intense situations. I'm not in a rush to buy anything, so I'm wondering whether the RTX 5070 Ti or RX 9070 XT would provide more stable frame rates and better streaming quality through its hardware encoder. Streaming quality is especially important to me, since I've heard Nvidia generally has an advantage in encoding.
4 Answers
I’d wait until you actually have the 450Hz monitor. Your 4070 Ti is already a strong match for 1080p CS2, and upgrading before testing the new display may end up being a lot of money for a relatively small improvement. Check your lows and frametime consistency first, since average FPS alone doesn’t tell the whole story.
If dual streaming from the GPU is your main concern, I’d lean toward the RTX 5070 Ti. Nvidia’s NVENC encoder is usually preferred for streaming quality and consistency, particularly when using higher-quality H.264 settings or multiple simultaneous streams. AMD’s newer encoder is usable and has improved a lot, but Nvidia is still the safer pick when encoding matters more than gaming value.
That’s my main concern too. I’m less worried about the difference in CS2 FPS and more interested in keeping both streams looking good at the same settings.
For pure gaming value, the RX 9070 XT is generally the better choice, assuming pricing is reasonable. It has plenty of performance for 1080p esports gaming, although the upgrade from a 4070 Ti still may not justify the cost. The non-XT model could also be enough and would use less power and produce less heat.
Neither card is an obvious upgrade right now. A 450Hz monitor does not require 450 FPS at every moment to be useful, and a small drop during a hectic scene will not necessarily affect gameplay. I’d keep the 4070 Ti, wait for the monitor and next GPU generation or better pricing, then upgrade only if your measured frame-time lows or stream quality actually fall short.

That makes sense. If the monitor is delayed, I’ll probably keep the 4070 Ti and reassess once I can test the higher refresh rate.