RX 9060 XT 16GB or RX 9070 GRE for 1440p gaming: Buy now or wait for sales?

0
6
Asked By MellowPine42 On

I'm building my first gaming PC and am choosing between the RX 9060 XT 16GB and RX 9070 GRE 12GB. I originally preferred the 9060 XT because it seemed like the better-value option for 1440p, but recent price increases have made the 9070 GRE look more appealing.

My concern is whether to buy the RX 9070 GRE now for around £500 or wait for Prime Day or Black Friday in the hope of a worthwhile discount. GPU prices have been rising, so I'm also worried that waiting could backfire if demand remains high or supply becomes tighter.

The planned build is roughly:

- Ryzen 5 9600X
- RX 9060 XT 16GB or RX 9070 GRE 12GB
- 32GB DDR5
- 1TB NVMe SSD
- Jonsbo Z20 case
- 1440p 180Hz monitor
- Total budget of approximately £1,400–£1,500

I'm targeting 1440p rather than 4K, with a mix of AAA and competitive games. Would you buy the RX 9060 XT now, spend extra on the RX 9070 GRE, or wait for a potential sale? If the 9070 GRE is the better choice, how much more would you consider reasonable to pay for it?

2 Answers

Answered By QuietHarbor7 On

I’d lean toward the RX 9070 GRE. Even though it has 12GB instead of 16GB, it is generally the faster card and should provide better 1440p performance, especially in demanding AAA games. If you can comfortably afford the roughly £500 price, buying now is reasonable rather than gambling on an uncertain sale.

MellowPine42 -

So you think paying around £500 for the 9070 GRE now makes more sense than waiting for a possible discount?

Answered By CopperLynx88 On

Nobody can predict future GPU pricing, but waiting until a major sale does not guarantee a lower final price. Based on recent pricing trends, cards could become more expensive before then, meaning a future discount might only bring them back to today’s price. If the rest of the build is ready and the current price fits your budget, I’d buy the 9070 GRE now.

MellowPine42 -

That makes sense. I was mainly worried that buying now would mean missing a significant discount, but it sounds like the risk of prices rising is just as real.

Related Questions

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.