There are a few different factors that will influence how much disk space an image file will consume. Knowing the difference between lossy and lossless image formats is a great start, but if you do not want to waste your time, this tool will do all the heavy lifting for you. This page contains an online image compressor. Provide an image and it will compress it to make it smaller!
Resize Image Reset Image
How to make image files smaller
If you use this tool incorrectly, it may not work as expected. For example, converting a JPG to a PNG will actually increase the file size. The main format you want to convert to is WebP, but JPG is also a good choice as it is lossy, just not as good as webp.
Start by providing an image file. The form control above will allow you to do this.
- Select the image file you want to compress.
- Resize the image if it is too large
- Select webp or JPG from the format dropdown
- Set the level of image compression using the slider
- Click save and the image download will begin